Ten facts about myself
(Well, thirteen, if youre keeping score.,)
1. Most of my reading is done on the internet. I get my news and features that way. The first thing I read daily on the internet is By The Way by John Scalzi. In fact it was he who suggested putting Ten
Facts about Myself in this journal..
2. I would like to be a nudist. I resent putting on clothes in the morning. I am happiest reading, writing, lounging around naked. I once went to a nudist colony. I was not happy there. The nudists emphasized the healthful aspects of nudism, and down-played the sensual aspects. My interest is just the opposite.
3. I am a Democrat, a LIBERAL Democrat. My first presidential vote was for Truman, I am happy to remember. I did vote for a Republican once, Eisenhower for a first term. By the time he ran for reelection I had wised up. I once voted for Perot, though I forget what his party was.
4. I once rode in the Goodyear blimp. The ride was a present for my eighth birthday. I think my interest in flying may have started then.
5. I owned, maintained, and flew my own airplane, a 1946 Ercouipe. I once made an off field landing on a country road, just for the fun of it. I hit a fence in taking off, and although I flew home safely, I had ruined the prop. I never did that again.
6. I am afraid of heights, except when I am flying my own plane.
7. I hate to travel.
8. I am divorced. The separation was my fault, and if I could do it over, I would avoid those actions that caused our estrangement.
9. As a youth I wanted to be a news photographer. After I was wounded in WWII, I decided a one- legged school teacher would get along better than a one-legged news photographer.
10.. I am an atheist. I find that hard to say: perhaps some part of me still feels that it will make God angry if I say I dont believe in Him. I studied hard to understand the Biblical God, and could not, so I reluctantly acknowledged that I am that lost individual, an atheist.
11. I live in a retirement home. You can read that as Old Folks Home. I feel limited and constrained here, and generally misunderstood among my fellow residents, few of whom even know what the internet is.
12. I like to listen to music, but I hate background music when I am doing something else. I would never have music playing while I am writing.