Thursday, December 23, 2004

Let's Ban the Pizza Box

   I had cold, left-over pizza for breakfast. It was awful.  Everybody has, at some time, because we cannot, for some reason, leave pizza behind.

   Pizza, at the parlor, is hot, delicious, aromatic, covered with the toppings we like such as pepperoni, olives, garlic, onion, mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, tomato sauce, extra cheese.  It melts in the mouth and tickles the tummy. 

   But when we are done, we cannot walk away from those left-over slices.  We box them up and cart them home to keep in the frig. 

   Then the next day, we EAT them, cold and congealed and gloppy. We remember how good they tasted the day before and try to convince ourselves that it was a good idea to bring them home with us.

   I say, BAN the BOX,  and leave the left-overs on the table. 

   And even though I say it. I won't do it. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is those crazy starving ethopian stories our parents force on us to eat Ha!


donna in TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Try the microwave next time!  Makes it taste just like warm cardboard  Penny

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cold pizza is the breakfast of Champions... or at least people in a hurry!! <g>... Room temp or a few seconds in the microwave and the stuff is actually edible... I have to admit to not liking it straight out of the fridge.
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I LOVE pepperoni pizz right from the fridge. Any other pizza is not as good though. Take Care. Jen. http://journals.aol.com/kraztweety2/MyBoringLifeInHesperia

Anonymous said...

LOL  I actually LIKE cold pizza..but I put it in plastic wrap! LOL  This is very funny! xox

Anonymous said...

Dare I admit it on here? I HATE PIZZA! Just looking at the stuff makes me shiver. You deserve a gold medal for eating it cold. Hope you didn't get indigestion. Have a lovely Christmas.
Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Pizza must be placed in a large ziploc bag promptly upon returning home and then gently warmed on 50% power in the microwave the next day. Only way to do it. ;-)  Merry Christmas Chuck!