Here's another on line game. Patrick asks questions to answer in our journals.
1. Which of the following is your favorite store and why?
C) K Mart
Target. I love to cruise through the aisles on the electric cart they provide. The sell things that I didn't even know had been invented. Electronic gadgets and such.
2. How far does your closest friend who's not in the same town as you live, and when was the last time you saw them in person?
Hundreds of miles. I haven't seen her in a year and half. But I keep in touch by long distance phone calls, about an hour everyday. Had to get a special phone service to keep from going broke
3. Have you ever gone on a date with someone you met online? Would you?
Yes, and it was charming. She came to my town with her son, first, to check me out. Then we went to Disneyworld and Cape Kennedy on one trip and to Williamsberg and Washington D.C. on another. We took a cruise to Alaska that was fine. The romance was fine, but I didn't want to move fer away from my family so we drifted apart, but remain friends.
4. What is your favorite novel and what makes it stand out for you?
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain. Twain shows the evils of slavery and discrimination through his unsophisticated hero Huck. Huck and Jim travel through adventures just fine as companions. Jim has no trouble until Tom Sawyer shows up and messes up everybody's life.
5. You get snowed in at your home for three days. You have power and telephone service, but no way to leave the house. How will you amuse yourself?
Unless someone tells me I am snowed in, I might not even notice. I would be working on my journal and reading journals of others, just like I do now.
6. A fellow journaler you consider a friend disappears from J-land. Visitors leave comments in the journal but they get no response. You send the journaler an E-mail to make sure everything is okay, and despite the fact that you see that it has been read, you get no reply. What do you do?
I'd write a long personal letter and send it U.S. Mail. If he didn't answer I would forget it. There are too many plausible reasons for his not writing for me to expect some dire reason.