Valerie noted that the leaves are turning red and gold in the East and asked me if there were any signs of Fall in California. These are the ones I noted.
1. I caught my winter cold early, and hope it will not hang on until spring this year. In fact I had pneumonia last winter.
2. Hot soup with every supper.
3. West Wing returns to TV and new shows premier
4. Almond trees go bare and stay that way until a particular day in the spring when all bloom on the same day. (How do they know?)
5. Here and there a tree turns golden, but palms and firs and Redwoods do not.
6. Sun rises too far south to shine in my window at dawn, which comes at 7 am these days. Sun sets to the south too, diving steeply down and causing NO twilight. Dayiight to dark in short order.
7. Ladies in San Francisco change from white to black gloves
8. Swallows have all left La Paloma bridge, and Capistano, for South America
9. Governor Arnold Swartzenegger starts campagning for law to make teacher tenure harder to get by two years.
10. Fall, in California, is mainly on the calendar