Yes, Karen, there was life before television. It was called Radio... or "rad ee oh". They had situation comedies and variety shows, though without pictures. If you are as old as I you may know the answers to these trivia questions.
1. What situation comedy always started with the announcer saying, "Y'deah?"
2. What comedian borrowed a line from burlesque and featured the question, "Do yo wanna buy a duck?"
3. What comedian kept yelling at band leader Phil Harris, "There's no such place as Do Wah Diddy."
4. Who lived at 79 Wistful Vista?
5. Who was married to Portland Hoffa?
Just drag your mouse over the invisible answers below.
1. Amos and Andy
2. Joe Penner
3. Jack Benny
4. Fibber McGee and Molly
5. Fred Allen
One question I wanted to ask, but couldn't remember the answer to was Who played the hapless door-to-door salesman who knocked on the door and then said, "Nobody's home, I hope, I hope, I hope."
I wracked my brain, but cannot remember, but maybe you can.
P.S I've just been reminded, thanks to ryanagi, it was Al Pearce as Elmer Blurt.