List in order your seven favorite characters from the old Andy Griffith Show.
1. Barney -- always wrong, but you kept waiting for him to be right, at least once. Andy used to arrange things so Barney looked right at least.
2. Opie -- Cute as a bugs' ear, then and now at fifty or whatever he is.
3. Andy -- Essentially kind. What kind of a Sheriff is that, anyway?
4. Ellie -- Not much of a character in the story, but played by a gorgeous actress like Elinor Donahue, who cares. Gotta be in your top seven.
5. Goober -- He had to be really goofy to be goofier than Gomer. Gomer went off and joined the Marines, so Goober had to be the town idiot, a hard act to follow.
6. Otis -- He got drunk every week end and had to be locked up. He was such a regular that they decorated his cell as a home away from home, and he spent every week end there.
7. Floyd -- the barber, Oh yeeessss, he drawled as ideas slowly impinged on his brain.
How unfair, we're limited to seven. They were all magnificently drawn characters.