Sunday, November 13, 2005

"Saturday Six"

It is Sunday, so here is the Saturday Six.

1. You are invited to spend a night, alone, in a large house that is believed to be haunted.  A close friend of yours whom you trust tells you of his or her own experience, and you have sufficient reason to believe that there may be a genuine haunting going on there.  Without promise of any kind of reward for staying the night, would you agree to do so?

No way, man. I am not superstitious, but I am "chicken". I do not wish to confront "gettythings" of any origin.

2. What do you most enjoy about your job?

I am long retired, but what I liked best about my job was experimenting and finding the best way to teach something in a new way to pupils who lost the abiltiy to learn the usual way.

3. Who was the last person you had a conversation with?  What was the main topic of the conversation?

Wilma, my tablemate at the old folks home. After we settled the matter of what day it was, Sunday, we talked about travel, and Wilma, in her wheelchair wanted to go to Italy, home of her ancestors.

I told her bluntly that she was "too old" and she'd better settle for San Francisco.  She said "okay" and wanted to know when we were going.

4. Take this
quiz:   What kind of "smart" are you?

Without taking the quiz I'd say I am "imaginative smart". I like looking to see if there are solutions "outside the box". Anything NEW catches my attention. For instance, I am considering buying a "roll up piano" just because I have never seen one, not because I can play one. ("Carry 16 instruments in your backpack and play them anywhere anytime." $49.99 at Heartlandamerica.com)

(sorry, the link apparently doesn't work... perhaps you can type it in.)

5. What was the last food that you totally ruined -- to the point that it was inedible -- when trying to cook?

As part of the committee to Save San Fernando Airport, we each took a couple of shoulder clod roasts home to par-boil before the benefit barbecue. It took hours, and when it was nicely done, I put it in a plastic picnic container to take to the barbecue. Somehow, I don't know why yet, the plastic container spoiled the meat and both had to be thrown away. I wasn't the only goof-ball, and when people who bought tickets to the "barbecue and cole slaw feast", were served boiled beef and sliced cabbage, they were upset.

6. STRANGELY-OBSCURE QUESTION #1:  If you had to do over again, would you change anything?

A lot of things: knowing what I know now, I would still be happily married, nearing my sixtieth wedding anniversary. My fault, my dear, but that is water under the bridge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY ENJOYED READING YOUR ANSWERS. HAPPY SUNDAY