Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Drat

I have been sleeping so well, that it is distressing to find myself back at the computer in the middle of the night. (4:45 AM)

I love rambling on, and I do it best at night, but I loved the sleeping until dawn much more.

Christmas Eve was a delight at the old folks home.  My  son-in-law and my grandson, musicians, and I, no musician but an old timer with a harmonica, had a Christmas music Jam session, in the parlor of the home. About ten residents came along for the fun.

Grandson would start a Christmas song on his bass violin, (Doghouse), Son-in-law, on piano,  would begin Jazz improvizations, and I would hang on with whatever accompaniment I could muster.  The result was music, real music, for over and hour.  It was delightful fun.

It was such fun, I forgot the pain in my side, and went to bed satisfied.  I was soon up again, and trying to sleep in my chair to be comfortable.  I slept a bit in the chair, returned to bed, and slept...wonderful sleep, and I woke with a dream.  A soothing voice was saying "You've had a miraculous cure.  Your pain is gone.":

It was such a wonderful dream that I was afraid to move, fearing that the pain would still be there.  But, the pain was actually gone.  I was practically cured.  I have been able to sleep on either side, hardly any discomfort. 

So what am I doing up?  Dunno, except appreciating the fact that I can go back and lie down, and have a final snooze before dawn....which will come along about as late as it can get this time of year. 

Silly old Earth is tired and leans to the side and that makes the seasons with l-o-n-g nights and short days.

Question: are days and nights the same length on the equator?  I will have to look into that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great Christmas and wishing you a Great New Year!

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to hear that music session. That was great that you all did that so the residents could enjoy it. You know the pain in your side could be healed. I certainly hope so. Hope your day goes well today. Helen

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the pain is gone!! I know that's a relief!  Sounds like you had a great time!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Goes to prove that music really IS medicine! Glad the pain is gone!!..Merry Christmas..Ginger

Anonymous said...

I can just hear the music and I know the residents must have loved it. Hope your side pain is gone for good. Paula