Patrick posts his Saturday Six thought provoking questions and I respond on Wednesday:
1. Who is the first celebrity you recall having a crush on?
Barbara Stanwick, although Ginger Rogers turned me on too.
I actually wrote a fan letter to Diana Lynn, and I got an answer.
2. What was your favorite amusement park ride when you were young?
The Merry go round. If you sat on the outside horse you could lean way out and grab a ring from a mechanical hand. If the ring was GOLD you could stay right on your horse and get a free ride.
Chute the chutes was great too. You get hauled up a tower in a boat and then it is allowed to hurtle down the slide into the water with great splashing and screaming. If you sat in the front seat it seemed even faster, and was certainly wetter.
3. If you could change your name (first or middle but the name you go by), would you, and if so, what would you change it to?
As a kid I wanted something more masculine than Charles. Maybe a more teutonic Karl or Max would have suited me. I never knew any kid who liked his middle name. Mine was a family surname. Soon I learned to be proud of my names, first and middle and wouldn't change them if I could. (Well, I can, in fact, but I don't.) That tells me something.
4. Go to http://kabalarians.com/ and take the "First Name Analysis" test. Do you agree with what the site comes up with?
By the time I got to try it the free name analysis was not available. So I decided to analyse theirs: Kabalarians. Cabal, an association of clandestine operatives, arians, participants in. Therefor I analyse them as Participants in a nepharious scheme.
5. Other than Johnny Carson, which former talk show host's tape archives would you most like to visit, and why?
I forget his name. Small blond intense man who ran hour long interviews late night on educational channel. Interviews were deeper and serious, not rigged to get laughs. (Dick Cavett...thank you Karen)
Oh, well, since I cannot remember his name, I choose Jack Paar. His interviews were shallow but fun, and introduced such characters as Dodie Goodman, Jose Jimenes, Coochie coochie Charo. (My name recall device is not as good on Wednesday as it is on Saturday.)(Thanks to Karen)
6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #44 from Jessie: If you were in good health, would you donate a kidney to a friend who's dying regardless of what your family's opinion are and if yes or no, why or why not?
I would want to, but my fear of operations would outweigh my good intentions. Sorry, Pal, you'll have to go on dialysis instead of getting my kidney.