How much recreation will ten dollars buy?
At the movies, ten dollars will get you a two and half hour movie, including the coming attractions and pop-corn ads. (Wont pay for movie AND large pop-corn though)
At your nearest casino, ten dollars will get you about ten minutes of gambling and fun at the slot machines.
However, ten dollars spent at the 99 cent store will buy you an HOUR of recreation. Up and down the aisles you cruise, gawking and marveling at the tons of stuff you could buy for 99 cents. Not only do you get an hours recreational cruising, but you come home with a load of things you absolutely do NOT need.
In my case I got...
1. a roll of paper towels. ($1.50 at the grocery)..
2. four teaspoons..(I needed one, but they came four in a package) ..
3. five pencil sharpeners. (I needed one...cost $1.84 at the drug store, but I got five in one package for 99 cents.)
4. A deck of playing cards... ($2.79 at the drug store)
5. ditto a second deck
6. two staple pullers. (Actually nobody needs any, since you can pull staples by hand, but they are handy to have and came two to a package.)
7. A 24" beach ball. (I have NO use for this at all, but it was cheap. I heard a lady tell her husband "You might as well get that, it is only a dollar." That seemed to be my philosophy too.)
8. a one pound box of Nabisco crackers, Onion flavored.. ($2.49 at the market) and
9. a scanning FM radio. (I have to put in my own AAA batteries.)
10 something else I have no recollection of. I surely didn't need it badly, I cannot remember what it was.
Total cost, less than ten dollars, except there was a sales tax. Time spent cruising, about an hour. Really, cheap entertainment