Saturday, February 2, 2008

PPM WYSIWYG, M&M

PPM...pages per minute.  I bought a new printer because it promised a phenominal number of pages per minute.  Well, it prints FAST.  But...it takes l-o-n-g breaks leading the document.  Much slower over-all than old antique printer I was using.

So PPM doesn't mean anything.

WYSDIWYG. What you see is what you get.  Not often.  Recently got email about a new DVD that sounded interesting... about astronauts on the moon.  It offered a pre-release price of $19.99 with free shipping..  I could do that.  So I tried to navigate the site.  Well, with all the punching and clicking and filling out of forms, I managed to order. 

However, when the confirmation came, via email, I had committed myself to over $35.  Huh?  Well, I punched the purchase order button twice

I had ordered two... but the purchase price was NOW $14.99 times two PLUS shipping and handling.  But who needs TWO?

So I called up the order blank, canceled the order for two, and reordered ONE...back at $19.99 plus shipping and handling.  Took half an hour of typing to do that, having to type address and credit card into over and over and over. 

Now I'm going to get ONE, but it is going to my old apartment number... I just hope the FedEx guy can find me.

WYSIWYG... doesn't mean anything.

M&M.  Straight forward, is iy not, candy that melts in your mouth, not in your hand... according to the slogan.   Well, they WILL melt in your hand if you hold them too long... but no one does that..they pop 'em in their mouth. So the slogan is true.  They melt in your mouth.  Love 'em.

What I am wondering is...can anyone let an M&M melt in his mouth, or will he surrender to temptation and CRUNCH it before it melts.  I'll bet you can't let an M&M melt in your mouth... all the way.  You just can't


Tags:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we have all learned our lessons when it comes to these issues. Hope you enjoy the movie more than the printer!!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

but what does M & M stand for?

Anonymous said...

You must have my printer..... once it prints its so fast but it waits between jobs and it goes through so many things , noises mostly of it shifting gears i suppose and then it snaps another picture out. What fun and ordering is something else too, when it went smoothly a couple of weeks before Christmas to get a present for my son, I figured something would go wrong but no it came fast and was a good buy. It can be done but sometimes you have to do it over and over again. I wonder what that is all about.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Anonymous said...

"the -milk chocolate-melts in your mouth-not on your hand!"
Terry

Anonymous said...

Did you know that if you hold the M&M's in your hand...the candy coating with make a "pop" noise as it cracks and when you put them in your mouth the chocolate is slightly melted and so much sweeter.

A few months ago I went to the Dr complaing of Migraines, thinking there may be a new medication out for the condition.  He handed me a diet. At teh top of the list was Peanut M&M's.  I was delighted!!  This doc told me it was a Hypglycemia condition. Hmmmm?  Never been told that before, but I can go with it.  The contents, fructose and for carb stabliaztion, peanuts.  I dont know if they really help the headaches, but it's nice to have an excuse to have M&M's in my bag : )

~Bethe~