Monday, March 17, 2008

Griff

 

                                  Griff

My dear old Griff was a constant companion from age seven months until he collapsed on his morning walk fourteen years later. Where I went, he went, motor boating, rowing, driving, walking.

When we were out he was partial to Whoppers and we would seek out Burger King while driving across country so he could have his Whopper. We would pull into the Burger King and I would order two Whoppers. When we would get to the window the server would ask, "Do you want ketchup with that?"

I would turn to Griff and ask, "Do you want ketchup?" Of course he would stare straight ahead. I would turn to the attendant and say, "One ketchup." Cracked me up every time and slightly amused Burger King employees across the country.

He would eat his Whopper completely before I could get mine unwrapped.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great companion

Anonymous said...

He was a beautiful dog. I know you really miss him. Pets become like family to us humans. Helen

Anonymous said...

what a great companion he must have been..... Good memories too
Sandra

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYO)))))))))))))))))Thoes are some good memories to always have.

Anonymous said...

great memories

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you miss you old pal! Thanks for sharing the memories!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

 awww sweet memories!
Our dog use to sit by the "treat" cabinet and my dad would ask her how many she wanted, she would bark 2 times! One for her and one for her baby! Don't you love Dog's and the memories!

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Wow, he's beautiful!  Pets can be better companions than humans sometimes.  I love my cats.  Griff, neat name.  Do you know what breed(s) are in Griff?  Love, Val xo
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason