Sunday, September 4, 2005

Cribbage and Pinochle

Cribbage and Pinochle are games for agile minds.  You have to add points in various configuations.

Nobody over the age of eighty should be allowed to play those games.

Friends tried to teach me Pinochle this evening, and it made my head hurt.  

Here at the old folks home we have taken a kids game, rummy, and dumbed it down until old folks, most of them, can play it.

Doesn't it get boring, playing a dumbed down kids game night after night? 

Oh, my Lord, yes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it gets to be too much, you can always play games on line with people like at Pogo.com.   It's a site that keeps half us up all night long!~  lol  

Anonymous said...

Chuck, don't worry, you are still sharp as a tack!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

My Grandpa taught me to play cribbage years ago can't remember how to play now lol so don't feel bad:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I agree with sieblonde. Pogo.com is the place to go. There is something for everyone. Easywin Bingo is slow and fun. Paula

Anonymous said...

May I make a comment in my own journal?  My daughter and I like http://playlink.com/playlink/index.jsp.  They have an assortment of games of which we like Griddler and Wordscape the best.  She also plays Mah Jong.

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about complex games with cards.   Risk is the most fun game that I last played.   Have a good Labor Day.    mark

Anonymous said...

Cribbage and Pinochle? Forget it! Too complicated. How about hearts or spades? Heck even crazy eights or go fish would be good for a change. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh no! My husband just picked up a cribbage game at the local thrift store. He said he always wanted to learn to play it...I guess I better hide it in the garage now and act like I don't know where it is.  :)