Monday, September 5, 2005

Promises

The good part about operating an old folks home is that you can promise them anything, and being old, they will forget what you offered.

For example, we were told there would be a Labor Day Barbecue. Well, Labor Day is here, and what was dinner?  Steak? Ribs? Corn on the cob?

Well, no.

We were offered a choice of hamburgers or hot dogs, cooked in the kitchen. There was potato salad though. It was pretty much like every other day.

I shouldn't complain. Katrina survivors would probably have been very happy to have dined here today.

And I am old.  By tomorrow I will have fogetten what we were promised.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello friend. I have been reading your journal for a while now. I love it. You have a wonderful sense of humor.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Katrina victims would be thrilled to have eaten your lunch.  But they will shouldn't have promised you and not followed through Chuck.  It is not a good thing to get people's hopes up and then not follow through.  I hate the way your place is being run.  But what are you going to do?  You just have to roll with it I guess.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

your right you can read the paper and read it again and again lol
They should of had a keg of beer that would of been funny lol
Just teasing
Donna in TEXAS

Anonymous said...

Some may forget it Chuck, but you won't and don't let them forget it either. You all deserved to have barbeque on Labor Day. Paula

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have conceded your BBQ.   They must not think anyone will complain much.  It is good that you think of those without anything from Katrina.  Take care,   mark

Anonymous said...

You may be old, but you are sharp as a tack. I wish you could live somewhere they kept their promises. Margo

Anonymous said...

You may be old, but you are sharp as a tack. I wish you could live somewhere they kept their promises. Margo

Anonymous said...

This may sound absolutely crazy but I have always wanted to run an old folks home. It would be called Wiser Then Most. The "old" people are wiser then most. Especially me. I would allow the residents to pick a meal once a week that we would cook for them. They put it in a suggestions box and I will pick one once a week. I would hope the older members of society would be happy. They deserve more then most. Take care Chuck. http://journals.aol.com/kraztweety2/MyBoringLifeInHesperia