Monday, November 12, 2007

I Promised You a Rose Garden - Renaming Twiggy II

I recently introduced you to Twiggy II, the yellow rose that stands just outside my courtyard door. But Twiggy is an individual, and glorious specimen which deserves a name of it's own.

Jude, a reader, wrote and told us how in her youth, her father bought two rose bushes and dedicated the red to Jude's sister and the yellow to her. She has been fond of yellow roses ever since.  Perhaps it would be appropriate to rename our yellow rose, Jude.

Look at the number and large size of the blossoms on Jude, here and now, coming up on Thanksgiving. That is a wonderful winter rose for you.

           

The largest of Jude's blossom is as big as my head.

 

(Is this all right, Jude, to name the yellow rose for you?)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a great picture. hard to believe the rose is still so beautiful.... your so lucky aren't you.
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! Paula

Anonymous said...

What a beautif name for a beautiful rose!
Nice pictures there chuck!

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful to name the rose after Jude as long as she likes the idea. It is a beautiful flower. I know you enjoy going out amoungst all that beauty. Great pictures. Your hair makes me think of my Dad's, so soft looking. I love it. He has been gone since 1996. Helen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the photos, Chuck.

'Till now, I never really understood the phrase, "a Thorn among roses..."

lol


db

Anonymous said...

    My dear friend, Chuck, I am so honored. I am almost speechless. Well almost. Thank you very much. What a wonderful gift!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Jude is BEAUTIFUL!  Oh, I wish I could smell her!  I almost can!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

Better late than never I always say, Chuck. I haven't been online. The rose is beautiful!!  The new name is perfect for her.  Lookin' good there my friend.  Many blessings to you, Penny http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/FromHeretoThere http://journals.aol.com/firestormkids04/TimeforaLittlePoetry

Anonymous said...

That pic looks a little too "Little Shop Of Horrors" for my tastes. Please sit further away from that plant in the future.