Thursday, March 3, 2005

Ten Things I've done that you Probably Haven't

From http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind Ten things I've done that you proably haven't.

1. Ridden in the Goodyear Blimp.  On my eighth birthday in 1932 I was given a blimp ride.  Yes, they had them back then.

2. Stepped on a land mine, not that you would want to. It was a very loud thing to do.

3.  Danced on a peg leg at a school assembly. 

4.  Had a glass eye fall  out in the movie theater and had to ask the usher to bring a flashlight to help find it.

5.  Soloed my own airplane.

6.  Landed off-field in the desert and then flown through a fence on take off. 

7.  Replaced the propeller on an airplane.

8.  Had lunch with John Travolta.

9,  Swam in both the Pacific and the Atlantic Ocean

10.  Visited the Queen Mary and the Spruce Goose on the same day.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! I've done #9... but as for the rest.. nope! Would like to hear the story behind some of them though <hint, hint>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Except for 5, 7, and 9 - which are pretty self-explainatory...I'd love to read the stories behind the others. :-)

Anonymous said...

Those are some pretty amzing things!! Wow! Very Cool!

http://journals.aol.com/domesticatedchic/SomethingLikeLifePartDeux/

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've done #9, but most of the others are pretty darn impressive! - Karen

Anonymous said...

cool list chuck:) i got to go see a blimp once, but they weren't giving any rides... i imagine stepping on a land mine would be painful as well as loud... you have a glass eyeball??? how awesome for party tricks....was replacing the propeller after flying through the fence???   i have swam in both of those oceans, as well as the baltic sea, and the med.... don't know if i want to visit the queen mary... or the srpuce goose... WHO IS the spruce goose?? lol
great list:)
sara

Anonymous said...

Your right, I`ve not done any of them but I think perhaps I would have liked to had lunch with John Travolta, but I would have liked to have been there when the usherette was looking for the glass eye !   ;-)   Sandra x

Anonymous said...

Had lunch with John Travolta and you didn't even invite me? You've done some exciting things. Paula

Anonymous said...

Yours is the most unique list I have ever read Chuck!  I have never done any of these! -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Chuck,
I love reading your posts....you are a unique guy and wish you lived closer so we could have lunch...I am in Florida..wink! B.Lynne