Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Saturday Six from Patrick Place

Patrick poses these conversation starters each week. I copied them down and then went off line to write my answers I don’t know why I decided to put real thought into it. Its just a game.


1. How many scars do you have on your body? Where are they? Puh-leez, what is the real reason for this invasion of my privacy? I have scars all over from WWII wounds…missing foot, gouges on other leg, powder burns on my face, and surgical scars, the most recent a week old, on my side.

2. What is the last junk food you ate in such large quantity that you actually felt guilty afterwards? Here at the old folks home I ordered extra mashed potatoes and gravy instead of whatever compressed ersatz meat product they were foisting off on us yesterday. I ate it all, and yes I felt guilty. I was uncomfortable all during our evening card game. I’m not used to that much good stuff.

3. What is the closest spot to your home where you go when you feel like you need an afternoon escape?
A bridge over a canal where swallows come each year and nest and raise their families. I await their coming in March and regret their departure in September. It is on a dirt road and about a mile from the through street.

4. Of those in your collection, what movie have you watched the most times?
Big with Tom Hanks or True Grit with John Wayne…. And when they come on TV, I watch them again.

5. Have you ever felt discriminated against? What about you do you believe led to the discrimination? Yes, but it was a matter of time and place.

6. RAPID FIRE QUESTION #3: Have you ever hired a:
a. Maid
yep, several times, often a couple, some good, some not so. About this time several cabinet nominees got scrubbed because their domestics were not on social security. I got busy and put mine on SS. The red tape was barely worth it.
b. Lawyer yep… pretty good
c. Chauffer… rather drive myself
d. Plumber… yep but mostly the roto rooter variety
e. Photographer.. Yes, and been one too, and been hired a time or two
f. Realtor… sure, bought and sold several houses. One was my son in law.
g. Gardener .. Yes, a character who was always gonna do something, next week. Was always buying my used garden equipment for a dime on a dollar
h. Personal Trainer.. Went to a gym once for a few weeks.
i. Psychic/Spirtual Advisor… my grandmother believed in spiritual advisors but I hope I have out-grown that superstition. My other grandmother had even more superstitions.
j. Mortician… I have buried a lot of family members.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of these answers intrigue me...! - Karen

Anonymous said...

Fascinating answers as always Chuck. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting.  I like learning new things about you, Chuck! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts