Thursday, January 26, 2006

Aubade

   Woke at 7:38 am, and without rising reached over and lifted phone into bed with me.  I pushed the "Bertha" button and it dialed my cousin for me.  I could tell by the tone of her voice that someone was there with her, and I said "Oh your sister is there."  And I was right. We chatted until after 8:00 am and I rose and got ready for breakfast

   I was offered waffles, potatoes, scrambled eggs, syrup, bacon, and sausage, but said, "No thanks," and took toast and cold ceral instead, which with orange juice and coffee was plenty.  If I ate the breakfast they offer every morning I would weigh even more than I do now.

  Rolled home and opened my pill cabinet.  I recited my pill litany:

One, aspirin, thins my blood to prevent strokes and ease the aches and pains or Arthritis

Two, lowers blood pressure

Three, regulates heart beat

Four strengthens heart beat

Five "dewaters" me so I pee away water so it does not make my legs swell quite as much.

Six, regulates the sugar in my system so I do not have to take insulin.

   Whew, what a routine.  At night I repeat a couple and add an anti-chloresterol nightcap. My pill cabinet has a few "in case" medicines. I  have on standby: anti-diarrheal, strong pain killers for phantom pain, cough suppressant, cold remedy, sleep inducer, and plain old aspirn and tylenol, and by my bed, an inhaler. 

   And how was your morning? 

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not as fun filled as yours , with all those pills how can you eat breakfest?

Anonymous said...

You DON'T even want to know what is in my pill case!  I take 20+ pills a day and an inhaler or two.  They keep me going and well, though.  My morning was good, thanks :D!! That IS a huge breakfast they offer.  I only have coffee for breakfast.  Bad girl.  xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

I have been away from journals for awhile.    Thought I would check yours to read about your daily (SOP) standard operating procedure.    I take Neurontin, Tramadol, and Baclofen when I get up so that I can move because of stiffness and pain.     I have several others that I take like Nortriptylene at night for depression.
Hope your day is going great.     mark
click on my screen name for journals links

Anonymous said...

I don't know i will think about it and get back to you:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Phantom pain? I was not aware you are an amputee...if not my bad. My regimen is not far behind yours and I am 31.....geesh imagine me in only 20 years, scary!   JK    Thanks for letting me read.

Tina