Monday, January 9, 2006

Comfortable Old Loafers

Yes, I know this is going to take time.  I accept that..... and yet.

After an hour, four a.m. to five a.m., I turn off the new Dell Laptop and come over to my familiar H-P desk top. The mouse feels so comfortable in my hand. 

Firing up my old friend is like pulling off a pair of new shoes and slipping into a pair of old loafers.  Ahhh, they fit your feet so nicely. There, that's nice. I can type and scroll and drag and select with ease.

After the shell-shock of working with new computer, my antique (1999) computer feels so nice.

What shell-shock this time?  New computer comes with fantastic array of programs as shown in display of icons. Right? 

Wrong.  I delightedly started Scrabble.... only to find it is limited to 60 minutes of play.  Then buy it or bye bye.  Ooooh, Corel Photo Album, I start to explore that program and then I note.... it is good for sixty days.

Well, it is nice to have free samples on the computer, but I thought, looking at all the icons on my desktop that they were included.  Wake up, Charlie, there's no free lunch. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, the JUNK MAIL syndrome comes on new computers too!  K

Anonymous said...

:-o!! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts