Monday, January 9, 2006

Quirky Things About Me -- Continued

Karen "tagged" me, and dared me to tell five quirky things about myself. In an earlier entry I thought about one and deferred the list for later. Here's another.

My mouse buttons are reversed.  It happens that my mouse fits my hand just fine when my index finger rests on the right click button.  So, since I was right clicking by mistake for most normal left click functions, I went to control panel and reversed them.  Nothing quirky about that....

Except when my daughter or grandson come to help me tame the feral actions of this electronic beast.  They confidently start to show me this or that funtion they know so well, and nothing happens... They have clicked normally and have drawn a blank, or worse, an unexpected menu. 

They sigh, and adapt, and then I know I have another quirky thing about me to report.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You liberated my hometown in 1944. Be as quirky as you want, and send any complaints you get to me.

Anonymous said...

Monponset added the nicest one I could think of!  BUT, whether or not I'm tagged...I think one of the quirky things about me is that *I* can leave dirty dishes on the counter, or papers and things on the kitchen table, but OTHER people's dirty pan or table clutter really bug me!  I TRY not to get after them, because I realize...stuff is stuff, no matter who's...it's just that THEIR stuff REALLY bugs me!

Also, I don't like to get my hands wet in the morning...is that some kind of phoebia?  I don't mind a shower...hands and all, but putting them under the sink tap,  EEEEWWWW!

It DOES run in the family...quirkiness!

P.S.  I usually paint from upper 2/3 of the way to the right of the painting when I start a painting...and go the same direction most of the time!  Course, that's common, not really too quirky.

Anonymous said...

LOL nothing wrong with that love your answer

Deb

Anonymous said...

Yow!  Unless you're left-handed on the mouse (I'm left-handed by use the mouse with my right hand), I can't imagine how you right-click with the left clicker!

Karen