Saturday, January 28, 2006

New camera

Just for the heck of it, bought a new digital camera.  Haven't even opened the darn old plastic package yet.  At least it has a viewer, which my old one does not. Old one an antique 2002 model.  New one a Polaroid PDC 2080 3.2 mega pixel, made in China of course, on sale for $68 bucks. Holds a fabulous five, count em, five pictures on internal card.  Thought I try it out before getting a card to hold more pictures. 

Actually I usually take fewer than five pictures before I download to computer.  Thought I'd load this program in new lap top. 

One curious comment in tiny print on camera package:  autoflash...gives just the right amount of light in numerous situations.  ...what does that mean... at five point three feet in low ceilinged room with white acoustic tile? How numerous are the situations in which the flash does NOT give just the right amount of light?

It may be a while before you see any results in this journal, but I will give you a review of my learning curve. The first task, get it out of the plastic package.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!  If you conquered a TRS-80, I'm sureou'll get the most out of this camera, too.

Karen

Anonymous said...

ohh i can't wait to get a new dig camera.  enjoy yours.  check out a fun site where you can share your pics and other cool stuff.. flickr.com.

Anonymous said...

<LOL> I sometimes find the hardest part of the learning curve is getting stuff out of the package!! What is the deal with some of those zip cables and plastic holders????  Have fun with the camera... I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck!  You will love having the viewer!  I have a kodak easy share and It's circa 2002.  I think it's 3 mega pixels.  I love it!  Have fun ripping open your new toy!!!  I'd like to see more pictures from you!  -Cindy

Anonymous said...

i love MY DIGITAL..GOOD LUCK WITH IT! You ever figure out the laptop?. Its like me Im always trying to figure out my new gadgets!!! Got an ipod and ended up having audioligist removing the earpiece cover from my ear canal!
would you believe it?? lol Ginger  

Anonymous said...

i have no clue sorry

Dev

Anonymous said...

A new laptop and a new digitial camera!!!  We will have to start calling you "Mr. Technology" before long!!  LOL   Now....  to get them out of the packaage.....
Jackie

Anonymous said...

Go Get Em Chuck!

Anonymous said...

ya have to admire todays packaging.. yeah right..
It's gotten to the point that one can break the object that is packaged just trying to get to it!!

I always had vhs movies but when i got this computer with a dvd player on it i thought i'd get a dvd movie for a change.. whelp... 1/2 hr after i got it home and TRIED opening it I already knew that it would be the ONLY dvd movie i buy!!  Much easier opening a vhs!! god bless the young'ins that buy dvds all the time!! They must know a secret to opening them! lol

Anonymous said...

Manuals and package information for products are always so confusing.  I always wonder who writes this stuff???  Enjoy your new toy!  Can't wait to see some pictures, Chuck! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

Manuals and package information for products are always so confusing.  I always wonder who writes this stuff???  Enjoy your new toy!  Can't wait to see some pictures, Chuck! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ValsThoughts

Anonymous said...

The autoflash means that it will flash even if it is outdoors in sunlight and it senses any low amount of light in a shadow or such.    You can get a 512 MB SD card for 35 dollars now.   Keep checking for the sales from the different stores and online supplies.   Your card may not be an SD but check which one it is.    mark