Monday, July 10, 2006

Finding the Best Buy

A work out for the old pocket calculator.  Finding the best buy at Longs Drug store.

Pepsi

Six pack of 24 ounce bottles... Two for Five dollars

Twelve pack of 12 ounce cans... Three of Ten dollars

Two liter bottle... 99 cents.

All require deposits on the can or bottle, but supposedly you can get that back, but I wonder how many of us do.  I just put them in a separate trash bag and the housekeeper gets to take them for redemption. So, disregard the deposit and the sales tax... they apply  to all.

Here we go.  Six bottles of 24 ounces is 144 ounces and you get two for five dollars.  288 ounces divided into $5 is...ah... 1.7 cents per ounce.

Twelve 12 oz cans is 144 ounces time three for ten dollars... or  2.3 cents per ounce.

Two liters is 67 ounces for 99 cents.  That comes to 1.4 cents per ounces.

The bottles  are the cheapest.... go, enjoy... but wait one moment while I check my figures. 

Well, I have checked them twice, and this, I think is correct.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

stocking up on the Pepsi Are We?

Anonymous said...

Just dropping in to say I love reading your journal! Tammy http://journals.aol.com/memes121/AsIAM/#Entry703

Anonymous said...

the bottles are the cheapest but once you open them they begin to go flat so drink them up fast and enjoy the savings