Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This is your Morning Wake Up Call

At 5:30 this morning, I stretched and knocked the telephone off the night stand onto the floor.  CRASH... I was awake.

After restoring order, I lay back and thought about my dreams for a while.  (I have put them in Dream Depository). After about fifteen minutes I decided I might as well get up.

I woke up with a bit of a cold...or maybe allergies.  Runny nose and slight sore throat.  This frustrates me.  Everything else is going so well.  I am off one of my hyper tension medications - after twenty five years. The weather is turning nice, although most of U.S. is suffering a lingering winter.  Flowers are beginning to bloom and the grass is green. And I am coming down with a cold...doesn't seem fair.

Curious to note...I posted a picture on my door...you saw it yourselves..below..rows and rows of walking men.  I thought ir was amusing, even charming.  Yet, someone turned it face to the wall. Hmm? Who would mess with my door decorations? And WHY? What was offensive about my little marching men?

A counselor has come to the old folks home and offered his counseling services.  Maybe someone here needs it.  (Yes, I know I do..but not about the little marching men. More likely about what goals I have for myself now that I am 82, and how to cope with loss of abilities and possessions and individual dignity.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck send me the warm weather we need it Here in Pa.!

Anonymous said...

Turning your art around is just somebody messing with your head...you DID say you live in an apartment complex with teenagers, didn't you?

Anonymous said...

Awww Chuck you don't need a counselor. You are one of the most balanced people I know. I think the person who turned your marching men around was pulling a bad joke. Paula

Anonymous said...

Yeah... you don't need a counselor... you got us.

Besides.. a counselor won't fly out there and kill someone if they felt you were being mistreated by the facility. I would.