I don’t like these silly profiles…Yet, here I am doing one. I guess they remind me of Junior High… We used to have “slam books”. They were part profile and part gossip. Anyhow here it is, and nobody “challenged” me to to do it.
1.How old will you be in five years?
2. Do you think you'll be married by then?
3. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
George’s playing the piano. I can play my harmonica along with him. He comes twice a week, and play for a couple of hours. What a wonderful volunteer.
4. Where do you most want to travel?
Don/ want to go anywhere anymore. The trip I most regret not taking was an auto camping trip along the Lewis and Clark trail from St. Louis to the Pacific ocean. Historic and scenic. What a neat auto adventure. Most delightful travel I did take was an auto trip from Los Angeles to Massachusetts and back.
5. Who was the last person to call you?
My daughter. I do the calling, daily, to my Cousin Bertha…age 91, living alone. We chat for about half an hour a day.
6. Do you prefer to call or text?
7. Do you have any pets?
No longer, but have had lots of cats and one faithful Golden Retriever who went everywhere with me for fourteen years. He was a delight and kept me amused…even more than this journal.
8. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Had just gone to bed. Usually stay up week nights until 12:30 having watched David Letterman. On Letterman’s re-run nights I switch over to watch Leno.
9. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
I am 82.…you guess.
10. When is the last time you seen/talked to your mom? Before she died. I talked…she was in a coma.
11. When was the last time you seen/talked to your dad?
1925, but I was less than a year old….didn’t say much.
Last time I talked to my step-dad was the night before he died. I told him I’d see him tomorrow.
12. How many states have you lived in?
California, Missouri, and in the Army, Kentucky
13. How many cities/towns have you lived in?
Beverley Hills, Westwood, Van Nuys, Northridge, Riverside, Topanga Canyon, Oxnard, Blue Springs Missouri, Merced. That is ten.
14. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Shoes, that are pull on..light…almost like slippers.
15. What was the last thing you ate? Sausage. A friend dropped by and brought it. Just for a chat.
16. What is your favorite restaurant?
Sizzler, Chinese Buffet, Pizza Parlor, Hometown Buffet
17. What is your favorite type of food?
18. Do you like coffee?
Not particularly, but I drink it. It is the universally available beverage. I decided I’d better learn to drink it.
19. How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average?
About six, although I believe I felt better when I was drinking two quarts a day, every day.
20. What do you drink in the morning?
Coffee, orange juice, and water
21. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone?
Would like a partner to fall asleep with…then like to be alone to sprawl and toss and turn without disturbing anyone.
22. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Sleep in the middle of a twin bed nowadays.
23. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, but a dumbed down version of rummy is what we seniors play…every single night.
24. Do you like to cuddle?
Oh, yes, but haven’t had the opportunity to do so for a long time.
25. Have you ever been to Canada?
A couple of day trips. Had to stay overnight in Vancouver when on way to Alaska
26. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Eat at the dining room of the old folks home where I live. Last dinner out was last month…Tepenyaki, Japanese cook fixes dinner right at your table and serves your dish from the grill to your plate with huge knives. The flames shoot up from the grill to the ceiling. spectacular
27. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
The guy who played Archie Bunker…ah..was born same day as I…August 2, 1924 Oh yes…Carroll O’Conner
28. Do you want kids?
The two I have, plus five grandchildren and one great-grandchild will do nicely, thank you.
29. Do you speak any other languages?
No, and regret it. My Grandson is a collector of languages…speaks several, mostly just for fun.
30. Have you ever gotten stitches or had surgery?
Oh yes, from the time I was a teen ager through world war II wounds, operations. Lots
31. What’s your favorite color?
Take a look at the text of this journal and guess.
32. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
A pool….somewhat heated, but large enough to explore. Ocean has creatures you have to share with, but I love the waves. I could body surf a tiny bit but never managed to ride a wave on a board.
I love boating, ocean or lake, but mostly stay in the boat.
33. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats?
window seat, I like to see what we are passing through.
34. Do you know how to drive a stick shift?
That’s the way I learned. Stick shift on old 1930 seven passenger Packard. I had to transition to automatic when they first came out.
35. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Snacks, computer printer supplies, computer accessories. Musical gadgets and keyboards…I have three… in a two room apartment.
36. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
No, and though was married with a double ring ceremony, soon gave up the ring. Don’t want anything on my fingers or around my neck.
37. What is your favorite TV show?
Boston Legal, and Two and half Men. Those are the only two whose day and time I know. Everything else is whatever comes on, and make it good, because as soon as a commercial comes on, I will be off looking for another channel.
38. What is your favorite song?
Deep Purple, but I doubt you’ve ever heard of that one. Would like to listen to The In Crowd again.
39. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
Whatever came with the phone. Don’t know how to change it.
40. Do you still have anything from when you were little?
My baby book, with pictures of me as an infant and my pets and parents and such.
41. What is the color of your bedroom walls?
Institutional off-white…I think…I guess I could go look and give you a better answer. You can tell I don’t care much.
42. Do you like Winter or Autumn?
Autumn…..neither very much. Autumn means Winter is coming, and Winter days are too short. Like the long days of Summer, and I like Spring because it means Summer is coming
43. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed?
Whatever they happen to be. I can’t imagine being so compulsive as to have to close or open a door before I go to sleep.
44. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
I thought about it for moment, but refuse to speculate. I don’t like this question at all. Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a tiger? It doesn’t matter
45. Do you flirt a lot?
Yes. I try to find something nice to say to the ladies. If you flirt a lot, sooner or later you will find someone who will flirt back, and if you find some who will flirt back, you will eventually find some who will respond seriously. Without flirting you would never find her.
46. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Honey mustard, ranch dressing, barbeque sauce. In a pinch, Ketsup will do.
47. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Don’t think so. Mostly tickets for Failure to heed signs, or unsafe lane changes. Haven’t had many in all my years of driving. Three or four at most.
48. Do you dance in the car?
I presume that question means “dance” in a car, which I suppose means screw. I have, but graduated to more civil means of making out.
49. If you could move to any state, where would you most want To move?
I live where I like best, but if I had to move…I liked Missouri, and I would like Hawaii.
50. Do you think anyone would care if you died?
I would. A lot of people would grieve briefly, but I would be soon forgotten. I am highly replaceable.
PS: Well, do you know me any better? You should also know I do not believe in any supernatural beings. I understand that there is more to life than we can know, but since we cannot know it, it is not worth worrying about. How time can be endless and how the universe started is a puzzle and what is beyond to most distant star is too.
Here on earth I try to treat animals and people the way I would like to be treated. That doesn’t mean that I don’t annoy them at all, but I regret it when I do. I eat some animals, and kill bugs just because they are bugs.
I have had a good life, and I am sorry I am closer to the end of it than to the beginning. I’d like to start over. Actually I don’t understand how I have got this old. I’ve done dangerous things and been shot at in anger. Yet, here I am.