Sunday, February 18, 2007

More Hash

I have been asked what "Hash" is.  Since I love it so, I am elected its spokesman.

The Hash I love is corned beef, potatoes, onions, pulverized and cooked on griddle together.  But the term "hash" is geneally applied to any mixture of left-overs, tossed together,and cooked for breakfast.

And "hash-browns" are potato bits fried to a toasty brown and served with eggs and bacon and sausage.  Toast or French Toast go well with hash too.

Speaking of breakfast, how do you like Eggs Benedict?  Served with champagne they make a wonderful Sunday morning brunch.

In fact, it is hard to beat eggs in any form for breakfast.  They come fried, either up or over, scrambled, omelet, shirred, soft-boiled, Benedict, and poached.  I am told that duck eggs, turtle eggs, and ostrich eggs are good too, but excuse me, I will pass.  Does anyone eat turkey eggs?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like eggs over easy with sausage gravy over the eggs and home fries with a bisket to sop up the remaining gravy!

Anonymous said...

we like hash here too in fact my husband likes it so much we have a couple of cans in the cupboard now.... I admit its not as good as the hash my Mom used to make with left over roast and potatoes but it will do. :)  Sandra

Anonymous said...

I have eaten hash from cans but have never had it off the grill. Sounds good. Helen

Anonymous said...

I have never eaten a turkey egg but I watched my grandpa cut a snake open to get a whole turkey egg out that it had swollowed. Not that it has anything to do with what you are talking about, but when you get older anything leads to a memory. lol Paula