Monday, January 29, 2007

Groundhog Day

Groundhog Day is coming up on Friday.  That has become my special holiday.  I got out of the service on Groundhog Day 1946.  I used to enjoy reading Grandfather Groundhog stories to my children out of Highlights Magazine. One of my favorite movies is Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

And recently, I have become Grandfather Groundhog myself, coming out of my hole once a year, looking around, and hibernating again.

A professor I know once started a study of hibernation using groundhogs.  He says, "You cannot imagine the mess they make."  He changed his study to chipmunks whose messes he could deal with.

Think of me on Feb 2, Groundhog Day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I  will think of you if you think of me.... I'm turning 70 on groundhogs day. Sandra

Anonymous said...

I always thought groundhog day was fun to toy around with not that I believe in it. I'll think of you. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck,
Ground Hog day was my now deceased daddy's birthday...Feb 02,1908...It is also the day that my husband was burried last year....
My dady loved my husband like he was his own son, so he got a good birthday present in Heaven last year....He died a year ago today from a massive heart attack...he was only 51 years old. If you want, you can read about it here.....I had to write this....had to let go....
http:journals.aol.com/tendernoggle/HORSESHOEBEND/

Anonymous said...

Hey Chuck I live in the Ground Hog State Pa. Lol!
I will be looking for you Feb.2
Have a great day !