Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Movie Review -- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

The rented disc sat on my desk and in the DVD player for a month, and then, alas, I finally watched it.

What a horrible movie.  Ghastly computer generated characters with disfigured faces convort and torture one another and wreak vengence for past unspeakable crimes.  Limbs are severed, blood flows as freely as a Texas Chainsaw Massacre film. 

The second lead character is murdered while we watch, but Harry is spared to make future horrid movies.

When I think how eagerly this film was awaited and children flocked to see it, I am aghast.  I wonder how this film was rated in theaters.  R would be much too lenient.  Is there a "Nobody is Allowed to See, Parents Included" rating?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your comments...it is the way I felt about Braveheart, tho that wasn't marketed for children.
Kate

Anonymous said...

I have never watched the movie or read any of his books. I don't intend to either. Have a good night. Helen

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Chuck,

I hope you know that you've, like, totally ruined the movie for those of us who haven't seen it yet.

I mean, didn't you KNOW that it's only rated, like, PG-13? You totally don't get out much, do you Dude?

If it's so bad, why did it get nominated for an ACADEMY AWARD and for eight Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films awards???

Harry Potter RULES!!!

(Note: I've been in trouble before for failing to label my sarcasm as sarcasm. This is sarcasm.)

DB


HOGWARTS SCHOOL SONG

Hogwarts, Hogwarts, Hoggy Warty Hogwarts,
Teach us something please,
Whether we be old and bald,
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling,
With some interesting stuff,
For now they’re bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we’ve forgot,
Just do your best, we’ll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.

Anonymous said...

never seen it and i won't i heard mixed reviews and i do believe yours:) thanks

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck....You know, I have seen previews of movies on the tv that should not be shown on tv because little kids can see it there....SOme of these movies they are making now are horrible...alll blood and gore...and absolutely no respect for human life...I agree with you Chuck.
love ya,
carlene