Sunday, January 7, 2007

Readjustment

The doctor who looked at my insides and fixed the ulcer I had told me that cola is very bad for ulcers. I had been living on Diet Pepsi... in fact I had a refrigerator full.  But I put it aside and replaced it with cola-free Seven Up.

The readjustment problem is this: when I drink Seven Up, I cannot help but think how much better it would taste with a shot of bourbon* in it.

Well, I know what the doctor would think of that.

(* Bourbon is my favorite whiskey. Scotch is my least favorite.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long as it was limited to two shots per day, most doctors will tell you it's OK for everyone but us diabetics. Typical freaking do-gooders. They took away my wine, women and song ... and they call it living?

Anonymous said...

I've been drinking hot spice tea with a shot of peach schnopps in it. man is it good.

Anonymous said...

Bourbon is my choice too Chuck....and I drank it with COKE! lol Can't drink anymore since I am on high blood pressure medicine, makesme dizzy! lol lol COme to think of it, it made me dizzy when I wasn't on the medicine !lmao.
carlene

Anonymous said...

It's hard to beat a tall glass of ice cold water...
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

I like 7-Up, but have to agree that a shot of bourbon would be good with it!  Ask him about it sometime. What's the worst thing he could say?
Jackie

Anonymous said...

I think your doctor just may say its ok for an occasional shot!

Anonymous said...

A shot every once in awhile is good for the ticker!

Anonymous said...

The doc might say okay. You should ask. Bam