Sunday, January 14, 2007

Sunday Seven

Curious.  I don't find Patrick's Sunday Seven for today.  I wonder what happened.  So, I will use last week's Sunday Seven instead.

What are your seven favorite "end of the series" farewell television shows?

Favorite has to be Newhart's.  It had innkeeper Newhart waking from a dream, with his wife from the earlier Bob Newhart show, waking to say, "Wow, you wouldn't believe the dream I had.  I was an innkeeper in a New England inn and there were all these crazy people around.  Three brothers all named Darrell...etc"

Mash pulled a fast one.  They filmed the next-to-last episode after they had made their final episode.  The end of the series was a complicated story about Hawkeye having a break-down, and then his recovery, in an emotional frightening "war is hell" episode.  Still one of the top three finishes.

Cheers last episode ended with Diane telling Malone she was going to take time off to write and THEN she'd come and marry him...he had FINALLY proposed, and Malone saying "Have a good life"  Oh oh that wasnt the end of the series.  Cheers went on without Diane...I forgot that.  I forget their real end of the series show...couldn't have been so great.

Johnny Carson's last show made him cry, but wasn't really so tear jerking.

I wonder what Patrick's real Sunday Seven is this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOO LOVED NEWHART, AND MASH IS A CLASSIC THAT MY SISTER-IN-LAW STILL WATCHES DAILY AND HAS SINCE IT BEGAN! I ALSO WATCHED CHEERS AND JOHNNY CARSON ( ON OCASSION!)HUGS,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

The final episode of Mash was great !