Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Wish I'd Said That

Dave Burke, in his blog Wandering Dave ,(<link)  wrote about my blog.  He expressed much better than I the meaning of the Rose series. 

Recently, Chuck posted a series of photographs focused on a single rosebud. The series celebrates the coming of spring, but it also illustrates the cycle of life as that bud first hesitated before blossoming into its glory. It reached full maturity, spreading wide and releasing a perfume we could almost smell through our computer screens.

Then, inevitably, the rose blossom began its decline. Its form softened and petals began to drop. Less than two months after life began, our subject rose was gone. It gave way to those that follow, greater numbers that fill the view with fresh color.

I wish I'd said that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep , I could not have done it better!

Anonymous said...

Dave did you a great credit. I agree with him. Helen

Anonymous said...

But Chuck, you didn't have to "say" that .....you showed that.  Remember, a picture is worth a thousand words.  We got it.    ~Margo