Monday, November 13, 2006

Cocoon

I am eighty two and I still like the kids' trick of pulling the covers over my head, raising my knees, and enjoying the little tent, or cave, or cocoon I have made.

The rest of the world, everything else, is outside and you are inside.

They say that Michael Jackson used to like to sleep in a hyperbaric chamber.  Well, no wonder.  What a neat cocoon, away from turmoil, away from everything outside.

In this populous land, there must be some people who set up tents in their bedrooms to sleep inside.  I don't know any, but I understand them, I do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While in the woods camping alot of my friends like sleeping out side of thier tent, they enjoy watching the stars at night then they fall asleep under them!
Myself, I love being in the tent at night getting my area cozy for good nights sleep . Have a great night now shut those lights off and get some sleep!

Anonymous said...

I love a cold bedroom with big covers and just enough room to stick my nose and mouth out for air.....lol..maybe some extended memory of being in the tent of the uterus........lol. Bam
http://journals.aol.com/reconcilinglife/reconciling-life/

Anonymous said...

Wish I ad a cocoon, I'd certainly crawl in it til the holidays were over! lol
carlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck - these days i like to space around me, gone are the days i would spend in my wendy house as a little girl :o)
Luv Jayne x