Monday, September 10, 2007

Another Senior Moment -- So Soon?

I sure feel dumb.  Another Senior Moment... and this one is choice.

At a quarter to twelve I turned on CBS to watch David Letterman.  He wasn't on.  CSI was on instead. Huh?

I have heard nothing about Letterman's not being on. I checked the on air program guide. I looked up the call letters of the CBS station on which he appears.  I got them wrong. 

Then when I got the right letters. I looked up the station online. Nothing about Letterman not being on.  What the heck?

So I CALLED the station in San Francisco. I got a rigmarole with things to push or key words to speak. I got the recorded program guide.  It said, "Guide for the week-end of September eighth."

Week end?

OMG... this is SUNDAY. Of course Letterman is not on.  It is Sunday. Three quarters of an hour of frantic searching, AND a long distance telephone call because I thought it was Tuesday.

Shakes you up.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never had problems keeping up with the days when I was working and could count down to Friday.

Now though they do run together.  I don't have a real problem with Sunday but Saturday morning often throws me when I can't find Good Morning America.

Just cartoons everywhere..

Anonymous said...

I don't work anymore, Chuck, so I lose track of days quite often.  It doesn't have to be a "senior" thing.  Oh, I do this ALOT.  Especially when there is so much going on in my life and I don't have anything that is day-specific going on.  Hope you are having a good Monday, Chuck!  Love, Val xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason

Anonymous said...

I get those moments also makes you chuckle.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like me! LOL
Sugar

Anonymous said...

    Been there, done that. Feel really dumb when it happens. Maybe Tuesday will be a better day.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay