Here are questions from the game Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? On the TV show, answer nine and you get one question worth million dollars. I missed a third grade question.
Run your cursor over an answer to reveal it.
1 The planet earth is located in what galaxy. Milky Way ($1,000)
2 What is capital of Sweden (I got it wrong saying Oslo) Stockholm ($2,000)?
3 What national hymn written by Katherine Lee Bates contains the line “from sea to shining sea” America the Beautiful ($5,000)
4 What was the name of the Egyptian God of the sun Thor Ra RamsisRa ($10,000)?
5 Which is the smallest. One-third, one fourth, one half One fourth ($25,000)
6 A US. Month will have a Friday the thirteenth if the first of the month is on which day of the week> Sunday Contestant missed saying Tuesday.
Next contestant, a west point graduate
1. How many degrees are in a quarter of a circle? 90 degrees ($1,000)
2 True or False: The emu is a flightless bird. True ($2000)
3. Before he eventually became president, Harry Truman was a senator from what state? Contestant missed saying Delaware but the fifth grader saved his bacon with the right answer.) Missouri ($5,000)
4. What U. /S. state is nicknamed the Lone Star State Texas ($10,000)
5. How many times does the letter A appear in the phrase Niagara Falls? (Spoken phrase) four (contestant said three but the fifth grader was right and he wins) ($25,000)
6. What is the verb in the following sentence: It is such a nice day. IS ($50,000)
7. Which ins NOT a member of the president’s cabinet a, Attorney General b. Secretary of Education c. White House Press Secretary. White House Press Secretary ($100,000)
8 The Gobi desert is located on which continent. ASIA Contestant said Africa (Lost the $175,000 won $25,000)
Are you smarter than a fifth grader?