Thursday, September 20, 2007

Watching TV - Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?

Here are questions from the game Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? On the TV show, answer nine and you get one question worth million dollars. I missed a third grade question.

Run your cursor over an answer to reveal it.

1 The planet earth is located in what galaxy. Milky Way ($1,000)

2 What is capital of Sweden (I got it wrong saying Oslo) Stockholm ($2,000)?

3 What national hymn written by Katherine Lee Bates contains the line “from sea to shining sea” America the Beautiful ($5,000)

4 What was the name of the Egyptian God of the sun Thor Ra RamsisRa ($10,000)?

5 Which is the smallest. One-third, one fourth, one half One fourth ($25,000)

6 A US. Month will have a Friday the thirteenth if the first of the month is on which day of the week> Sunday Contestant missed saying Tuesday.

Next contestant, a west point graduate

1. How many degrees are in a quarter of a circle? 90 degrees ($1,000)

2 True or False: The emu is a flightless bird. True ($2000)

3. Before he eventually became president, Harry Truman was a senator from what state? Contestant missed saying Delaware but the fifth grader saved his bacon with the right answer.) Missouri ($5,000)

4. What U. /S. state is nicknamed the Lone Star State Texas ($10,000)

5. How many times does the letter A appear in the phrase Niagara Falls? (Spoken phrase) four (contestant said three but the fifth grader was right and he wins) ($25,000)

6. What is the verb in the following sentence: It is such a nice day. IS ($50,000)

7. Which ins NOT a member of the president’s cabinet a, Attorney General b. Secretary of Education c. White House Press Secretary. White House Press Secretary ($100,000)

8 The Gobi desert is located on which continent. ASIA Contestant said Africa (Lost the $175,000 won $25,000)

Are you smarter than a fifth grader?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

    I missed one question. You said Oslo, I said Geneva.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

time for me to study up

Anonymous said...

I said Stockholm.

I guessed on one but I got them all.  Comes from 30 years of watching Jeopardy; not because I'm a genius.

Anonymous said...

I got half of them right, LOL.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I missed  two... Oh well.  But I bet the kids would have saved me.  I thought Oslo was the answer as well.  Hmm..  This was fun.  Hugs!! xox
http://journals.aol.com/valphish/ThereisaSeason