Monday, September 10, 2007

Christmas Shopping in September?

Wow, the market on this Monday was wild.  Trucks were lined up at the loading dock bringing in the merchandise, and the aisles were crrowded with shoppers.  Looked like Christmas shopping.

I went scooting around looking for bargains and found NONE. 

Corn was up from 25c an ear to 50c.  Tired little limes that looked like they had been in the bin for weeks were 25c each. Avocados, bless 'em, were $1.79 each. That is a single large avocado...yikes

I bought some candy to put in the Bingo prize basket, but it was not much of a buy.  I bought some bran muffins, but had to compromise on the size...they had only mini-muffins.

However, I did have one experience...I learned to TYC.  That is Take Your Camera...on every outing. I passed a normally dreary old Oleander hedge, and it was gorgeious, blooming with millions of pink blossoms.  Who knew that such a plain old hedge had such a hidden personality.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep wal-mart here is getting ready for christmas shopping , it gets early every year

Anonymous said...

CAN YOU BELIEVE I SAW A CHRISTMAS TREE AND DECORATIONS ALREADY UP IN TWO STORES????
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

    That's says something special about you that you can pass an oleander bush and appreciate the blooms. I think that's why I like reading your journal. You have a good day.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

Yes, TYC everywhere!

Krissy :)
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck, this is my first visit to you journal and send you greetings form Scotland.I was reading there about the Oleander bush you saw and it reminded me of a story that was told to me a few years ago we went to Sicalla and were on a bus tour and they grow Oleanders on the roadsides and down the central reservations and she said they do this to keep the lizards from going onto the road as they will not go near this plant as they hate the smell. Its one of those fact that stay with you don't know why it just does. Love Joan.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jaymact1/JoansMusings/