At five AM I sit with my "dover" coffee (Warm Dover, get it?) and contemplate the correct grammar for the next statement.
1. I have laid awake all night. INCORRECT
2. I have lain awake all night MY PREFERENCE
3. I have lay awake all night. INCORRECT
4. I have lied awake all night.INCORRECT
5. I laid awake all night INCORRECT
6. I lain awake all night. INCORRECT
7. I lay awake all night OKAY
8. I lied awake all night. TELLING FIBS?
Go back and use your cursor to find the one I consider correct.
Anyway as I (laid,lied,lay) awake, that grammar problem kept going over and over in my mind. Alas. Next time I'll try counting sheep.