Friday, April 25, 2008

Food Review - McDonald's Third Pounder

   A new hamburger advertised?  Well you know I will try it.  So I did.

   Scooted to local McDonalds and ordered their new advertised Third Pounder which, so far, is available in Californa only.   And...

   ...not bad.  In fact, the best McDonald's burger I have eaten.  I got the mushroom version,  not the bacon type.  I had planned to share it, but it was tasty, and I ate it all myself.  Meat patty was plump and larger than the quarter pounder. I could actually taste the mushrooms and the pickle.

   How did it compare with the Carl's Jr chili cheeseburger I tasted last week?  It was as good or better, and far less messy.  Both cost between four and five dollars and both give "fast food" a better reputation than their lowest cost cousins. 

   As a food critic I haven't decided to give my selections stars or bells or Oscars.  I will give the Third Pounder four out of five possible golden pickles.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good review Chuck. I haven't tried it yet. We have to where we like the Sonic burgers pretty good. Only once in a while though as I tried to avoid fast food. They are good and I like them but all are pretty greezy. Helen

Anonymous said...

I did not know McD's had a new burger. Hmmmmmm...Yummy!
Ang

Anonymous said...

sounds good i'll try it.

Anonymous said...

We drove down to Orange Beach last night and on the way stopped at McDonalds. It's been so long since I had fast food, I didn't know what to get. I had the quarter pounder. It was ok, not great... filled me up, though!

Jackie

Anonymous said...

wonder when it will come to Colorado? sounds yummy now you need a tag that has golden pickles so we can see your ratings:) maybe you could do one in paint

Deb

Anonymous said...

    Okay, I think you have something. How many Golden Fries do you award to.....? See, a new pursuit. It is amazing though. Mushrooms are like salt. Almost everything tastes better with mushroom. Thank goodness it isn't as bad as salt is.
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/jmorancoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))Sounds yummy.I usllay get 2 doble cheese bugars,can only eat one.