Sunday, August 20, 2006

Another Design -- Ho Hum

Herewith, another one of my "paint" projects, just because I have nothing to write about at this moment. 

We all get a Paint program with our computers, but many of us never open it nor play with it.  I use mine all the time to doodle in color.  My hard drive is filled with my drawings

                      .

It is called Ersatz.  It is completely abstract and does not represent anything. 

I am thinking of taking my lap top with me to art class and trying to reproduce the art projects on the screen.  My art teacher encourages me to do so, but maybe it is because she is my daughter

If I were going to do this again, I would use the "curved line" tool, and have the lines all emmanate from some "vanishing points".  That would give the design some depth and composition.  Also they would bleed off the page at some points. 

Well, live and learn, stay tuned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is right keep it up , do I detect a face in the art work?

Anonymous said...

I like your art Chuck..astract like you. B. Lynne

Anonymous said...

OOPS ABstract.....(put on my glasses).....lol.B. Lynne

Anonymous said...

very nice you should do more:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Nice, very nice.

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

I agree with garnett...i see a face, very much like the blue towel face.
Keep working on the projects...in class I try to encourage students to work in series, but you already do that!  kate

Anonymous said...

There is a reason, I believe, why people see "faces" in abstract designs and random forms.  The Old Man of the Mountain in New Hampshire is an example.  The rock formation looks like a stone face.  I think that is because we humans have a built in face recognition gene.  There are so many people with faces all built the same...eyes, nose, mouth... yet we recognise friends and family instantly.  It is part of human engineering.  
This mechanism is working, even when we are looking at abstract designs or random rock formations.  It tells us that a certain pile of rocks looks like a face.  Sometimes we even make a national monument of it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your interesting composition.     I will look forward to seeing new developments.     mark