Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The Reviews Are In

I had my guest shot as morning entertainment at the old folks home, using my Casio Keyboard.  The Keyboard did very well, playing its myriad of instruments and dozens of rhythms, and I did well too.

I started with improvisations, wherein I make up a simple melody to match the rhythm the keyboard is playing.  Since one of my two listeners at the start was Ted, a country music lover, I chose a country rhythm, made the keyboard sound like a banjo, and picked out some hoe down tune.  Was off to good start.

Ted left, but others drifted in and at one point I had a dozen listeners, a rather large crowd for morning music program.  I kept up the playing for about forty five minutes. 

Then I used the built in songs on the keyboard and we played Name that Tune for another twenty minutes.  by then most of my audience had drifted off.

I hung around for a while longer and explained the keyboad to a couple of folks who were interested.

Then we all went to lunch.  I have another session scheduled for next week.  We'll see who comes back.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY COOL, sounds like entertaining, educational and crowd inclusive!
Next week you'll have a whole different show and some of the same audience and others whom they've told about it!  I'm proud of you.
Kate

Anonymous said...

When are you going on tour? When will you be playing in Pa.?

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!  Before you know it, you'll be going on tour!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

What a nice thing you are doing for those folks. I bet next week will be a larger crowd. B. Lynne

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID GOOD CHUCK!
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I need a resident likeyou ar my place,,Chuck!! lolhttp://journals.aol.com/nyboots/AssistedLivingCenterActivity/
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Your filling seats!     Great way to have some fun and entertainment.    Keep up your pursuit of the keyboard.      mark