Friday, August 18, 2006

Karma

Our cook is getting married.  Her children will attend the shower that they are giving her in the parlor.  Since it is not her first wedding, and we are not rich retirees, it was suggested that we take a field trip to the 99 cent store and buy a gim-crack for the couples new motor-home/honey-moon cottage.

My 99 cent selection was a bag clip for closing opened packages of crackers and cookies, and it was shaped like an Oreo cookie.

Meanwhile there were so many complaints about residents being asked to "kick in" for employee girfts, that I lay it aside..and then LOST it.

Today, the day of the party I made a frantic search for the Oreo clip token gift.  And I finally found it,and then had the bright idea that I should clip it to a bag of Oreo cookies.  So I made a quick trip to the market..and found the bag of cookies, on sale, and hurried home.

Now to put the token gifts together and take them to the party.  I tried to clip the Oreo clip onto the Oreo bag and found...IT IS BROKEN, AND USELESS.

I threw the clip away, will eat the cookies myself, and offer the happy couple my congratulations and a hearty handshake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH JEEZ...tho I HAVE had gift giving occassions go like that.  (Is that one S and 2 C's or 2 C's and 2 s's...or some other combination?) Kate

Anonymous said...

That was really a hoot Chuck.. enjoy the cookies. B. Lynne

Anonymous said...

I'm getting married in a week get me a rope but not at the dollar store i don't want it to brake lol!

Anonymous said...

Well that was a very cute thought sorry it didn't work out. Paula

Anonymous said...

Well, now Chuck..You are having my luck! At least you did the best thing about it!!! lol
carlene