Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Guest Star

Guess who is the Tuesday morning entertainment at the old folks home today.  It is someone you know, but is not a star and will never be on American Idol. He and his automatic Casio Keyboard will be appearing at ten, just an hour from now.

Why, yes  It's me.

Our regular piano player, George is on a cross country trip and will be gone for a couple of weeks, and I, foolishly, volunteered to fill in.

I am NOT a musician.  I pick out melodies with one finger, and I use one finger on my left hand to choose the automatic rhythm on the keyboard.

Anyway, I plan to entertain myself for an hour, much as I do in my room, except, I will let other folks listern.  When they get bored, we will play "name that tune" using the built in song bank...(demonstration numbers)

Break a leg, Chuck

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

have  fun !

Anonymous said...

That is great, hope you don't get stage fright!
ps post the out come later!

Anonymous said...

i hope you let us know how it goes:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

I'm not a musician either but I have one of those play by number organs. Its fun to pretend isn't it? Paula

Anonymous said...

How absolutely cool....that takes guts and I am sure you will be a big hit! B. Lynne

Anonymous said...

You'll be a wonderful stand-in for George!! Let me know how it all goes!
Jackie

Anonymous said...

How brave of you Chuck!!!!!!!!!! I  bet you do great! And it will be a lt of fun!!!
hugs,
Carlene

Anonymous said...

That's great.  Good for you!  Rushing on to the next entry now, to see how it went! - Karen