Tuesday, August 8, 2006

TIME to Say "Bye-Bye"

LIFE sent me a beautiful book: Heaven on earth.  Subtitled 100 Places to See Before You Die, it is a gorgeous book of pictures taken the world over.  They said, "Thank you for your order" and sent a bill for $34.95 (plus shipping).

Trouble is: I don't remember ordering it.  But just maybe I did, in a weak moment, or thinking I was ordering something else.

So now I have three options. (1) Keep the beautiful book and pay for it, (2) send it back, (3) forget it; put the book in the lobby so others can see it, and let LIFE whistle Dixie for their money.

Did LIFE send you an unsolicited copy too? What are you going to do?

My choice is to send it back... I may have ordered it.  However, I am going to cancel my subscription to TIME too.  I am not reading it thoroughly as I used to, and this probable SCAM has soured me on the whole company.

So, it is TIME to say "Bye Bye", TIME/LIFE.  We used to be friends, but you've made me mad. 

And I'm telling my friends, too.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I would be mad too!

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Can't trust anything or anybody now days and thats a shame. Companies do like to scam older people Glad you can still see through these things. Paula

Anonymous said...

good for you i think they do this on purpose to sell more books

Deb

Anonymous said...

Hi Chuck!
Very honorable of you to send it back! But I too would be mad...after all, you have to go to a lot of trouble to undo someone else's mess up.
Take care and stay cool,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Yeah, eff them.

A lot of telemarketers look for elderly people to prey on. They deserve to suffer.

I'd keep the book, send them a nice note where you explain that you never ordered it, and then see if they trot out a $500 an hour lawyer to sue a disabled veteran in a nursing home for a $35 book. I'm thinking that they won't, and you can always show up in court and act senile.

If they start f*cking with you, let me know.... I'll get on the phone and rip them a new one.... while letting them know that I fully intend to call the District Attorney in your state.

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR READING MY JOURNAL,,,YOU ARE APPRECIATED,,,DAYS GO BY TOO FAST FOR US IN THE ELDER RANGE OF LIFE,,,BUT,,,WE KNOW THINGS AND REALLY SEE THINGS,,,COMPLAINING TAKES TOO MUCH TIME,,,CAN NOT AFFORD IT,,,YOU HAVE A SUPER DAY ,,,Marie
http://journals.aol.com/rosas831/RealisticProse/

www.booksbyrosasbarassi.com