Friday, August 18, 2006

Two Entries in One

I don't understand -- sometimes when I call up my journal to make a new entry, I find no "add entry" button.  I wonder why?  So, now that I found one... I had better add both entries I had in mind -- as one.

1.  Went and listened to progressive jazz for an hour.  I don't understand it: it seems to be going somewhere, but I am not sure where.  Anyway you don't come home whistling the melody.

   It was enjoyable because it was my grandson on bass with two of his friends.  They play for tacos, coke, and tips at a J and R Tacos in Merced, CA. Mostly they are just jamming and entertaining themselves and we are invited to listen in. It is a way for them to spend Friday evening, and with gas prices so high, it beats cruisin' main street.

   It makes me proud because he is an acompished musician.

2.  Movie review:  Lemony Sniicket's Series of Unfortunate Events.  I couldn't finish it.  If you liked Jim Carrey as Animal Detective or as God it is possible you still may not like him as Count Olaf.  A dismal series of events is what I experienced.  The special features on the DVD were somewhat redeeming...how they created the characters using experimental make up and improvisation.  I was surprised to see Meryl Streep and Dustin Hoffman in this film.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What away to spend a friday night , tacos coke and music , sounds good to me!

Anonymous said...

By the way....Life As A House is a fabulous movie!  I recommend people look into it...Kevin Kline et al do a superb job.  We watched it on DVD.  Thanks Dad, Kate