Saturday, October 7, 2006

It is Two AM -- Again

It is two AM again, only this time, I embrace it.  No insomnia.  I have had four good hours sleep, and will be going back for three more. I just stopped by on way to bathroom. Thought I'd look in on J-land.

I must have been dreaming, but I have no idea what it may have been.  I think that is the sign of a clear conscience: you dream but do not remember them. We tend to remember those heavy dreams that we produce when we are troubled.

My troubled times give me my LOST dream.  In that kind of dream, I am away from home and trying to get back and inumerable obstacles prevent it.  I have been trapped in mud, lost in a huge courtyard of Doric columns, wandering around the neighborhoods of my childhood. Usually in my dreams I am walking again, though once in a while I have a dream in which I am in my wheelchair.

I still toy with the idea of a DREAM REPOSITORY in which J-landers can make entries of their dreams as soon as they have them, while they are fresh in their minds.  Others can make comments about them.

Also I am toying with the idea of a picture blog on FLICKR.COM which would consist merely of my designs in Paint.  Or a picture blog of old back and white photos.  I have deposited some designs in Flickr already, but not sure how to access them or make them public yet.  I have so many things to explore.  I have no time to be old.  I have no time for doctors or hospitals.

When I complain about my old age ailments, people ask me, "What does the Doctor say about that?"  I have to admit I am too busy to see a doctor.  I have no time to waste getting the machine in which I live in working order.  Even if  I get it in perfect working order, it is old and the next part will wear out and I will have to spend time on that. Just wheel me up to my computer, or to my next class, and park me there. 

Life is too short, even if it eighty-two years long.  I suspect that Methusela said the same thing on his 900th birthday.  I can almost hear him saying, "Holy cats, someone help me blow out these candles, so I can get on with my life."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck I think doctors are all nuts , if it don't hurt don't fix it ! and all of the above ideas are great! thank you!

Anonymous said...

CHUCK,
YOU HAVE A GREAT WAY WITH WORDS...I LOVE READING YOUR ENTRIES AND THIS ONE AT 2:00AM IS STILL GREAT! WERE YOU AN AUTHOR AT ONE TIME...OR PERHAPS A JOURNALIST? I AGREE WITH YOU,,,,LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT..EVEN WHEN IT HAS BEEN 80+ YEARS....THERE IS STILL SO MUCH MORE TO LEARN.
HUGS,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

I love your outlook...it is soo positive and uplifting. You never talk about your family. I would love to know more about them. Bam
http://journals.aol.com/reconcilinglife/reconciling-life/