Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Two-thirty AM

Here I am at the keyboard at my most ususal time for making entries: 2:30 AM.  No, no insomnia this time.  I have been sleeping. Sleeping in short naps, anyway with frequent trips to the bathroom.  But as I passed the computer, I thought I would fire it up and tell what a great day I had yesterday.

Started with a light rain, the first of the season, and I enjoyed getting out and making Mudpuddle art with the wheels of my power chair. There weren't many puddles and when I had made tracks in all that were suitable, I snapped some pictures and put them here in the journal. (See entry below)

Then the bus from the old folks home was making an unscheduled run for "sight-seeing", so I seized the opportunity to get a ride to the Art Class my daughter teaches at the local college.  I grabbed my lap top and was delivered to the class.  My plan is to take the lap-top with the Paint program, and use that as my media, and follow the painting lessons, in Paint.

Whoops, I was an hour early. This was my first visit and I was confused.  But I played my harmonica and sat in the sun for the hour.

Daughter came, and brought a sandwich for lunch to share. Class convened, and I brought out my lap-top to demonstrate my plan...and LO.  The battery was dead.  I didn't know the computer could be on while the top was closed.  I had run the battery down without ever opening the top. So I met the other students, and enjoyed their art work but left early.

On my scooter, I trundled the two and half miles to home, stopping at the market. I had a delicious nap, if a nap can be called "delicious" .Then I rose and proceeded to do the art lesson on the desktop computer.

Using the Mudpuddle Art that I had made in the morning as a pattern, I created a design in Paint.

That took until supper.  After supper I played Rummy with the gang, and I won.  I even had a couple of "pat" hands.  A "pat" hand is one in which you are dealt all the cards you need to "go out", and win, and catch your opponents with hands full of cards which you add to YOUR score.

I scooted about a bit after dark, to the parking lot and back and out to latch the gates of the south garden, keeping us secure from wandering prowlers.  A bit of television, Studio 60 I think it is called, and to bed.

Now is that a day and half all in one, or not?

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like this revised green you're using in the lower green shape, and the darker one in the distant green shape!  Even without a lesson you succeeded!
Kate