Sunday, September 3, 2006

Saturday Six and Sunday Seven

Patrick gives us the Saturday Six and the Sunday Seven in case we run out of things for our Blog.

Sunday Seven: Name Seven Sunday comics that you enjoy.

Blondie.  Well, Dagwood  really.  He's human and filled with our own foibles. Blondie is too long suffering and patient to be believable, and too smart to be a Blonde

Beetle Bailey: He's just a contemporary Sad Sack.  Remember Sad Sack?

I'll come back to this...check back in later.

Saturday six.

. What was the last charity you donated something to? How long ago did you make your last donation?  To the Salvation army for Katrina relief.

2. Describe the worst weather event/national disaster that you experienced firsthand.The Northridge earthquake in the 90s.  I was sixty miles or more from the epicenter, and my bed went whirling round and round like God was using it for a giant scrub brush.  All the power went off and I went outside.  My it was dark...but I could see the stars and even the Milky Way.  I got on my battery operated Ham radio and reported to the emergency net.  We were all okay.  Then later in the day I listened to hams from other parts of the country report about the damage to Northridge and Los Angeles. They could see it on CNN but WE couldn't...having no power and no local tv stations on the air.  .


3. Did the experience you just described change you in any way, It made me realize that we are all vulnerable.  And since then I have kept a flashlight handy.

4. Take the quiz: What subjects should you have studied in school?  The quiz says Anthropology Economics, Finnance, Law.  And here I wasted my time studying education and becoming a teacher.  Oh well, ?

5. Did you actually study or major in any of the courses suggested by the quiz? no.  I recently bought a book on economics though...Flat World.

6. What's your current screen saver? How long have you had it, and what do you like best about it?v  A maze of pipes...come with windows.


No comments: